To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Voice Output

Hi Charles,

Maybe. However, not every speech program uses the same settings when
passing a speech rate to something like Scansoft Tom. One might have a
range from 1 to 100 and another might have a range from 1 to 10.
Setting Text Aloud to maybe 3 might be 30% in a screen reader, and
setting it to 4 might be 40% in a screen reader. Problem is I can't
set it to something in between  like 35% which would be the happy
medium between those rates.

From someone who uses Scansoft Tom for everything that I do not use JAWS
with Eloquence for, I like the speech of MOTA just as it currently is. One thing to consider, though, is that speakers of other languages might find it not to their liking. If you do slow it down, I wouldn't slow it down very much. Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if you could get a feel for how
fast other gamers would like the speech set  by having them send you a
sample of the speech rate they use, either by a number that you would be
familiar with or in an audio sample.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."