Hi Tom.

as far as trek series go, well Enterprise is one I've not seen only heard of.

I watched most of tng and a good bit of ds9 and the first few series of voyager on sky 1, but I seemed to miss enterprise.

Though I've now got the three other series on dvd, I hesitate from buying enterprise sinse I've just never met anyone with a good word to say about it, and I deffinately don't like the sound of those plotholes.

If I can ever find a comparatively cheap service who wrent series on dvd I'll look at getting it that way.

Like you, I'd much rather see something later, after voyager and ds9 than just a rehash.

Oh, and when it comes to the originals with captain kirk, I've seen many episodes and actually also read all the novelizations by JAmes blisch (who is a great sf writer in his own right and has captured the spirit of the series fantastically well).

I must confess though that's a series I don't wan to buy on dvd, sinse unlike 1960's dr. who I just find it a litle too commically dated to be really watchable.

What I mean is, yes, if I watch dr. who from the 60's or 70's I have to put my genda equality responses on ice, but in startrek it's not just that.

The endless supply of expendable enterprise red shirts, Kirk's ability to defeat any alien by punching it in the jaw (that's one of james' blisch's best phrases), and the wonderful way the supposedly pieceful federation ships seem to attack first quite a lot of the time.

Needless to say, this was all a matter of the time the series was written, and these things were well fixed in Next gen which is why next gen is my favourite trek series, but for some reason I just can't get past them to enjoy original trek as scifi.

It's rolocking good fun, but not something I'd sit down and watch for serious scifi.

Beware the grue!

dark.