Hi Tom.

I think part of the decision about the recent trek film was because enterprise annoyed a lot of people due to continuity and plothole problems and a very silly ending, thus they wanted to remind people of the good days of trek really.

I wasn't keen on startrek nemesis either, ----- for a start they get the tune wrong to hms pinafore! ;dD.

I think trek is a case of capitalism would like to make more, but they need to get themselves out of the hole enterprise left them in, and as you pointed out, all the other series ran into distinct and final endings.

Voyager I actualy was sorry finished, sinse after a big dip in series 4-7, after 7 of 9 came in (due to the fact that nearly every! plot seemed to be resolved with nanoprobes, and nothing really advanced), series 8 was getting distinctly good again, ---- but then it finished!

As to doctor who, well funnily enough it was canceled in 1989 by the bbc when i was 7. However, my parents got sky in about 1990, and the channel uk gold showed an entire classic story each week, which I watched.

i've thus seen most episodes of doctors 3-7, (I've missed a few, but seen the majority), and have read novels or heard soundtracks of many stories of the first two (sinse watching tv in black and white is quite difficult for me).

I've also used http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm to read detailed synopses of the episodes I've not seen, so I'm pretty up on events.

I'm not including the big finish audio series or any of the novels in the trivia file, sinse that doesn't feel as fair to most people as most people probably haven't read them (heck, due to availability in audio I've only read a small number of the novels myself).

As I said, I am pretty much a major doctor who fan, and have been for years. I have even been to a convention and met some of the cast.

I even got to meet nicolas cortney who played the brigadier from 1966 right up to the present day, and died last year, which was really quite special.

this is why though the trivia file is so large! especially sinse I'm tryting to include both easy questions and hard ones, so as to give people like yourself who have only seen a bit of doctor who at least the chance of getting some right.

beware the grue!