Hi tom.

Ecleston is actually a really good example I think of modern sterriotypes in films gone so far.

modern heroes need anxt so he had that. Modern heroes need to be gruff so he had that, Modern heroes need to not care so he had that. Modern heroes need to not stand out in what they where and look like they belong on the street so he had that.

My mum, who watched Dr. who back in the 1960's and really liked the grandfatherly first doctor was appauled at ecleston, she actually went on something of a social wrant about how in the past a wise if slightly grumpy old man was considdered note worthy, and now a thick as a brick fellow in leather ;D.

Then, Ecleston himself leaves the series after only 13 episodes "because he didn't want to get type cast!" type cast? this is dr. who for goodness sake! other than poor Paul mcgan, who was given the very horrible 1996 fox tv movie as his ownly tv appearence (a shame because he's a great doctor, and that is really shown in the big finish audios he's done), ecleston is actually the shortest serving doctor with fewest appearences.

About the best thing Ecleston did for the series was leave! ;D.

Beware the Grue!