Hi Dennis,
Let me be the first to reitterate that I am not very experienced as a programmer. I didn't get a degree in it, I had to do most of the heavy lifting by learning from the web and various books. I agree that if I were to take on a massive multi year project with tons of database pulls etc. I'd have to look at something more low level. But neither myself, nor the vast majority of audio game developers need that kind of juice, and our games run just fine, and we make decent products with what we know. More importantly, folks have to walk before they can run, and others constantly crapping on python, VB et. al. are doing a disservice to new developers trying to get a toe hold. I know I keep repeating that sentiment, but it bears repeating as evidenced once again by this post. So while you may think VB is a toy, we've made a lot of people smile and enjoy themselves with our toys.
  also, you said:
quote:
I have zero patience for thin-skinned people that
> take offense at anything they feel might slight them.  I have worked
> too long in this industry to tolerate drama queens.
 end quote.
Given the rant sent to list yesterday, I wasn't sure who you were talking about there, so I didn't know if I should feel offended or not, please advise.
  Later,
che