Hi Tom,

Hmmm, the issue with assigning silence to shift for me would be that
it'd probably make it tricky to get information whilst running, and
that's kinda the main reason I asked about the silence function. Alt
would be perfect, but it sounds like the API is pretty determined to
hold onto that.

Bit out of left field, but how about backspace? My thinking is that
it's a nice big button to aim for so good for shutting speech up even
when things are getting busy, plus so far as I've seen it's a
consistent placement for non-US layouts.

One thought that's just struck as I wrote the idea is that I've seen
backspace be assigned to snap around 180 before. If that's something
you had planned for the FPS version, we're back to square 1.

Scott