Hi.
You won't need word to read an rtf file. Just about any text editor can open rtf files. Word pad, for instance. Press windows key+r and type wordpad. If the builtin wordpad word processor opens up, you should be able to open the rtf file in that no problem at all.
Sent with Thunderbird 3.1.10 portable.

On 8/18/2011 5:12 AM, brice mellen wrote:
Well, and I would like an explanation of how to make my soldiers become the ones you need leather for, as it stand now we really have no job descriptions either, and unfortunately I don't have Microsoft word to read that rtf file about it. I'm not even to mission 3 yet because mission 2 is so damn hard lol, all my freshly created soldiers die because I don't have enough time to make them in to anything else before yetti's start attacking my settlement. Granted I started on normal difficulty, but I didn't think normal would be so hard.

-----Original Message----- From: dark
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:11 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] better control of troop training in castaways

Yep, I noticed this too, even though i had three knights, the soldiers kept on being knights even when i had three cloaks and 2 armour in my barracks.

the ai that is supposed to balance military to insure that soldiers train to
be the troop type you have least of doesn't seem to be working
unfortunately.

i don't know if actually assigning soldiers to train is necessary though,
sinse if the ai worked as suggested and soldiers tried to equalize your
number of troops that should work.

i will say though with the weakness circle this just makes life even more
difficult, sinse you don't necessarily want! 7 knights, when you could have
five knights and two rangers.

I also agree about mission 3, it seems impossible, because the enemies get stronger and stronger far faster than you can even if you raise their base.

imho raids should do more damage to them.

Another way that might make the game flexible would be to remove the
requirement for metal from the barracks, sinse that would mean you don't
encessarily have to build up metal production first, and thus could
concentrate on other methods and troop types like rangers and pikemen.

Beware the grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "alex wallis" <alexwallis...@googlemail.com>