Ratings are good as long as the reasons for those ratings are also given. I might see a rating of 2 out of 5, and go elsewhere, not knowing that the rating was given due to the simplistic nature of the game. If a reason for the rating was that it is a good game for beginning computer gamer because it is not very complex and not very challenging, I might go ahead and get it for someone as a Christmas present because they are also getting a computer but don't know much about them yet. So, not only is a rating system important, but the reasons for the ratings is of equal importance. JMO.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I'm appauled!

Hi Dark,

Well, for starts I honestly can't blame you. The reasons you mentioned
is precisely why I don't own any of the Azabat games. I can get most
of the same games from Jim Kitchen, Spoonbill, etc for free so there
is no insentive for me to buy and play something I personally would
find less entertaining.

The way I would handle this situation is introduce some kind of rating
system for the games on audiogames.net. A fantastic game might earn 5
out of 5 stars and a game like the Azabat games might rate 2 out of 5
stars. Someone looking for games might see the lower  rating and look
elsewhere for the same game with a higher rating. That's generally how
most websites compare products that are similar but one might not
measure up in quality with the other one.

Basically, what I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with a little
criticism here as long as you keep it A, professional, and B, it is
constructive criticism. You could have a write up describing the
features the Azabat games have, run directly from cd, are all
self-voicing, and contains this or that other feature. Then, you can
review the game below and say that the games didn't meet your
expectations. They lacked this or that feature, and in your opinion
game x by so and so is a better deal for reasons x, y, and z.

HTH