I'm glad to hear about the awesome nature of missions that are coming up.

Kai and jeremy, one thing that would make Swamp a little easier to
handle with player tracking is a difference in sound between player
and zombie footsteps. I know that this would mean an even bigger game,
and I know how unfun it is to locate distinguishable footsteps. I've
done a bit of sound work myself, but I know that it could make things
much smoother.

Still, I look forward to whatever happens and however it's done, it'll be great.

I must address the question of simulation versus game just this once more.

If you wanted to be completely technical, all the weapons are heavy
and cumbersome. Even the assault rifle, which I assume is based off
the m16 or m4 or some derivitive is a pretty hefty gun. I understand
the unrealism of carrying a maximum of eleven weapons. it's wildly
unreal, not just because of weight but because of the actual
difficulty of managing all the holsters and straps and ammo. I don't
think that ammo should be limited for the same reason I don't think
weapnory should be limited. That reason is playability and fun. I was
originally all for the idea of incumbrance, and I guess maybe weapon
based incumbrance is still maybe ok, but I decided that it was much
more fun to be able to just focus on running around and smashing the
undead than worrying about my inventory. If there were character
specializations or inventory limitations, I could understand an
incumbrance system, but I think that it takes away from the game.

Finally, as for realism, true realism would mean that you'd have to
reaim after every use of a weapon on everything except maybe the
assault rifle and the axe, you'd have gone deaf a long time ago from
all the gunfire next to your unprotected ears, and death would be
permanent, losing you your rep and experience, if not losing you your
place on the server. I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic. I'm
just saying that there's a line between playability and realism for
the average player, and it's a dangerous one to draw at all, So far,
I'm very pleased with how it's been drawn.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard