Though not having them loaded is an incentive to get stuff in the
field, rather than just accumulate rep until you can by the full weapon.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dakotah Rickard <dakotah.rick...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:25:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp: a couple of suggestions and reports

There is actually a bit of luck wherever random chance is in play, and
with the movements of more than fifteen people, plus whatever
algorithm controls the zombies when they're not chasing, it's as near to random as can be asked for. I've had runs to the east of the bridge where I literally run into ten zombies over the whole trip. Then I've had runs wherein I walk around a corner to find about thirty waiting for me. That is luck, the luck of the draw, and all the skill and all
the guns won't help at all in that situation.

As for the concept of sim versus game, I know that, especially lately,
it's running into a sort of overlap. Look at games for mainstream
audiences like Brink or the more popular Team Fortress 2. These games allow a very limited selection of weapons, usually a primary, maybe a secondary, and melee, all determined by character selection. Since
Swamp isn't that type of game, we do run into a little bit of a
difficulty making it a simulation, and I have had a hard-won victory over my own realistic nature before this, as I make games and I've had
to sacrifice realism for playability and fun.

I completely understand and agree with the gun thing, finding more and better guns because you don't carry around everything. It does make sense. The only thing that gets me about it is that you can't really adventure without at least three good firearms. I've gone out happily with pistol, shotgun of some type, and scoped hunting rifle, but it's
really quite a challenge. It's easier with some sort of automatic
weapon, so I guess it's a matter of choice, but I have to wonder if
some of those cases of 7.62 ammo I've picked up were spare m60s.

Finally, what about the idea of a gun coming from the safe zone fully
loaded? It does kind of make sense.

SIgned:
Daktah Rickard