Hi Michael,

Well, as for your message itself I don't really see anything offensive
about it in and of itself, but as others have mentioned I think it is
a case of one message too many.

As I understand it Mario asked you and Bryan to close the topic, and
about a week later you send him this message wanting a progress
report.  A week isn't enough time to get anything done, and
considering he had already asked you to drop the subject and you went
and wrote him again anyway Mario probably has a right to be annoyed
with you because he feels like you are nagging him. Had you let a
month or two go by before sending this message he may have been more
receptive to it. That's my take of the situation.

Cheers!