Seems like more games are adapting that idea, which I like. That's what I love about games for the ps3 and xbox360 is the trophy and achievement systems. I don't get 100% of them all the time, but it's always nice to get one after a good hour or two of hard playing. lol. Now I'm looking forward to this even more! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients News

Hi,

Right. That's why we are doing this. When we started Mysteries of the
Ancients we basically just modified Montezuma's Revenge, stuck a
slightly different storyline on it, added some additional monsters,
and were following that course until we had time to come up with a
better game idea, sound effects, etc. However, it quickly became
apparent when there was no score system why exactly am I picking up
all these random scrolls, and is there any value in picking up a gem
other than for general treasure hunting? Might there be some specific
treasure such as necklaces, earings, bracelets, etc that would be of
interest to a female treasure hunter?

Point being the game as it stands now seems rather shallow and
incomplete. Sure there might be value in finding some gold coins, but
there should be other types of treasure such as rings, bracelets,
necklaces, etc that would be extremely valuable to find. I could even
put in a score system that would rate your performance on how many
diamond necklaces you find. once you get x diamond necklaces in your
collection you could add that to your trophy case. Things like that
add in replay value and gives you an actual reason to pick them up and
put them in your backpack.

Another possible treasure item is statuary. Almost every ancient
culture in existance have stone, wood, or bronze idols of various gods
and goddesses. Tombs are generally full of these, but of course there
are no artifacts like this to recover. So I'm working on adding in
some extra artifacts that might not necessarily add to the game play
itself, but would be authentic and realistic. Again if I add a trophy
case system these items might unlock extra levels or certain trophies
you couldn't get otherwise.

Finally, there is the storyline itself. The storyline we originally
were going to use isn't true to Greek mythology. What I mean by that
is Athena is and has always been one of the good Olympian goddesses,
and it seems wrong to cast her in the roll of villain in the game.
Now, if we were talking about Hades, Ares, or one of the Olympian gods
who have a somewhat villainous history I could see it. So the story
doesn't really work, and its bothered me for a long time. So I've
elected to discard it and start over.

While I was looking forward to playing the game already, this sounds like
it'll be better... I can't say for other people, only myself, but I'll be
keeping my eye on this one a bit more intently now... I for one have no
problem waiting longer for a better product. As you said, better that than pumping out something quickly done and shallow. Hope we get to see something
soon... I'm excited!