Hi Michael,

/Well, refunds are a tricky thing here as James North took in about
$2,000 in sales for Montezuma's Revenge, and I never saw a dime of
that money so I don't feel I owe those people a cent as USA Games
wasn't responcible for refunds. Now we did take in another $1,500 in
sales for Montezuma's Revenge ourselves, but that money was put
towards sounds, music, and software upgrades etc. So we don't really
have the cash to refund those customers either.

That said, I'm not absolutely certain who is and is not for an FPS
game these days. When we took a poll the results came to 35 for
side-scroller and 25 for FPS. Clearly the majority who voted were in
favor of a side-scroller, but that's not to say every single person
who voted for the side-scroller are completely against an FPS.
Certainly some are, but how many I don't know.

Now, that's only about 60 people who actually voted on the issue. As
I've got about 150 preorders that's only 1/3 of the total preorders
accounted for assuming every person who voted actually preordered the
game. That additional 90 people is enough to seriously swing the vote
one way or the other. Without hearing from those 80 I don't really
know what they want. At the time I just put them in the undecided
catagory and forgot about it.

Personally, I'm of a mind to just write the game my way, release it,
and send everyone on preorder status a key. If people don't like it
then they'll just have to cut their losses. That's the risk people
take when preordering software.

Cheers!