Hi Michael,

Yes. Guardian of Light isn't officially a part of the Tomb Raider
series, but its a decent stand alone game for what it is. I have owned
and played almost every TR game available, and Guardian of Light is
better than some.

As for the new Tomb Raider game Edos is once again relaunching the
series. The New game is simply called Tomb Raider 2012, apparently
built on a new engine, and they are trying to basically reboot the
series  and get their fan base back. Which I don't really see
happening.

For one thing back in 96/97 Tomb Raider was a massive success. Shortly
after the first two games came out they were selling games, the toy
stores began selling Lara Croft action figures, and of course they
even got a movie deal where Angelina Jolie played Lara Croft in the
live action films. However, by 2003 it went straight to the toilet.
Sales fell, the second movie didn't rake in as much money as the first
one, the Lara Croft toys weren't selling and people lost interest. I
think Edos has always wanted to get those gholden years back, but like
so many things in life once gone its gone for good.

I believe Edos is trying for a third time to relaunch the series, and
it probably won't be any more successful than Tomb Raider Anniversary
was. Although I admit Tomb Raider Anniversary was an awesome remake of
the original. Better graphics and animations, better sound effects,
they replaced the Uzi with the MP5 seen in the movies, better acting,
etc. It was a great remake, but failed to reach their customer base.

Cheers!