I certainly do not just hit random buttons and listen to random sounds. I actually play the game. As has been said before, in messages, in recorded gameplay, whatever, it's definitely possible. BTW there are sighted gamers that play by hitting random buttons, just so you know, they're called button mashers. And ironically in fighting games that tactic tends to work if you set the difficulty pretty low or play a really fast character with exploitable moves. However, if Dan Cook is the Dan I'm thinking of, I seem to recall he was playing some of final fantasy XIII at one point, and hitting random buttons would do little more in that game than have you probably selecting random choices in the menues and not playing the game at all. So if he managed to advance in the storyline he obviously learned how to navigate, fight etc.

I say again, just because it doesn't have audiogame or blind in the title doesn't mean it isn't playable or learnable. Preconceptions are I think what get a lot of blind people in trouble, or lock them out of a lot of activities that are possible but that they refuse to do because they can't see how it would be done.

From: "Trouble" <troub...@columbus.rr.com>
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 06:52 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] FINALLY! There is a Wii game for the blind!

See your playing games or think you are by hitting a random combo of buttons on the joy pad. i did that once with a James Bond game. The sounds where great, but only sound feed back to go by didn't give me the thrill of the game or even feel like I was playing it. One game that is accessible don't justify the purchase of a machine that only makes noise. I can get that by highlighting all sounds and letting winamp have fun. As long as they are moving towards accessibility its something to look forward to and possibly justify it.