Hi jeremy.
Thats all fine and good but its not if in the next windows or the next after that that your games don't work anymore.
in 7 we have to fiddle with files to get this stuff to work and maybe 8.
And if it completely dies in 9 thats it.
Since most audiogames are made or rather the oldest ones were made with vb6 most games won't work sooner or later.
Unless you have a vm on your system.