Hi Damien,

I understand the fact you don't like touchscreens very much, say you hate them, but I'd like to know why you think Apple is conning the law. Aside from yourself many blind users own and use iPhones with no problems at all and as Cara pointed out on the list a few days ago there is more than 1,400 blind users on the iPhone mailing list. That tells me contrary to conning the law many blind users are quite happy with the level of accessibility with their iPhones.

I don't want to sound rude or condescending, but it sounds like because you personally have problems using iPhones then you are effectively saying the same is true for everyone else. That's not true. Its not a matter of conquering the device, but simply learning from other blind users techniques they use to access their iPhone. Perhaps if you had hands on training from a fellow blind iPhone user you would be able to figure it out by asking questions and having someone there to show you a better way of doing this or that. Its like anything else. We learn through reading tutorials or having hands on training if we just don't get it.

Cheers!