Hi Dark,

Right. I've noticed that. Entombed simply doesn't give the magician, necro, etc much chance to miss or fizzle where in Sryth your success is really a roll of the dice. You either hit the target and do no damage, your magic fails causing you to lose a turn, or it hits the target delivering a lot of damage. In that way Sryth's magical combat tends to be more balanced.

When I get around to developing my own RPG adventure I'm strongly planning on using proven d20 rules in order to balance combat. Having a magical talent will be no insurence that you will freeze, shrink, grow, or do anything else to the intended target every single time. There will be times when the spell will fail or miss. Ditto for standard combat using swords, knives, daggers, spears, etc.