From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 9:10 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Accessible Checkers, Mahjong

Hi.

You mentioned a game called Mahjong solitare. Being a matching game for a
single player, I bet toodle tiles is based on the rules of that, rather than
the rules of actual mahjong, though it's a little bad that aph claime! it to
be based on "the ancient chinese game" in their documentation.

The real problem I think, is none of the programmers who have made really
good computer adaptations of other card, board, or puzzle games have
experience with Mahjong, it being a much less popular game in the west, so
couldn't write an adaptation for the computer, ---- indeed I seem to
remember in the faq for the spoonbill games Ian humphries saying that he
didn't have enough knolidge of Mahjong to make a Bg version.

there are of course plenty of inaccessible ones, indeed I was quite stunned
when i viewed the full! list of snes games including Japanese only releases,
and found just how many mahjong games were released for the console, but
that doesn't really help any visually impared players who want to either
play, or learn the game.

This is a shame. I learned Euchre and spades from the blind adrenaline
versions, and really enjoy eucher, and I learnt backgammon from the pontes
backgammon game and have just bought a tactile board to play with friends,
so a computerized accessible Mahjong would also be a nice way to introduce
the game to people like myself who hadn't played it before but might well
enjoy it.

Beware the grue!