I'd like to give some advice for those who use MSOffice outlook and jaws.
Messages sent in plain text format  is much smaller than messages sent in
html format.
What I usually do if I write a message that's quite long.
Step1: I save the message in my drafts folder.
I hit control plus s and then hit escape to close the message.
Step2: I go to my drafts folder.
Step3: I highlight the message and hit alt enter. This will bring up the
properties dialogue.
Step4: I read the screen with the jaws cursor.
So in this way I can see how many kb the message is.
The message I sent to the list about the  keyboard crazy game was 34 kb
because the message format is set on html. So  I went into the options
dialogue in outlook  and changed the format to plain text and the size of my
post dropped from 34 to 7 kb.
I hope my advice helps.