Hi Dark,

Certainly the fact the game will require an expensive braille display
is a bit of a downer, but  I think over all it is a worthwhile
project. I've played Tetris before I lost my sight and the audio
versions really didn't offer the same kind of experience. I think what
Nick is doing here is the best possible way to represent that type of
game because you get a tactile overview of the screen which IMO will
makemore sense to a blind player than an audio one.

Look at it this way. Not only could Nick represent different blocks
using different braille letters he also can make them meaning full.
the letter g might represent a green block, a letter r might represent
a red block, a y for yellow,  and in this way the blocks are different
from a tactile standpoint and would also represent the various colors
too.

However, coming back to the issue of braille displays and games in
general it is something we should actively look at because it comes in
handy for a number of games. I know of a number of word and puzzle
games where I'd like to be able to view the board with a braille
display. Something like Wheel of Fortune would be  ideal for a braille
display because rather than having the board spoken it could be
displayed on a braille display which I'd fine more meaningful as I can
examine the board at my own pace, look at it letter by letter, and
give me time to think about what letters might be missing where with a
spoken interface it tends to shoot it all at me all at once without
much context.

Cheers!