Hi Al,

No it doesn't cost money to use Google Groups or Yahoo Groups but
there were a number of reasons why we decided to purchase our domain,
pay for a mail server, and manually run the list ourselves. For one
thing when we made the switch Yahoo was beginning to introduce
ccapchas that were not accessible and made it difficult for people to
join Audyssey or login to their Yahoo accounts etc. For another Yahoo
Groups has become rather notorious for spam, and we didn't want to
deal with that sort of thing. Finally, with our own domain we were
hoping to create a website similar to audiogames.net where we would
host all issues of the magazine, contain a database of links for
current game developers, and perhaps a news section containing latest
releases etc. Do to time constraints the website hasn't appeared, but
it is still on the todo list and we want the website and list to all
be under the Audyssey domain when we find time to create it.

Cheers!