Hi Tom.

I haven't actually! at this point pirated any games to try them, i merely pointed out that this is a motivation which I've observed some people have, and one thing I might considder myself if occasion arose, for all that I'd always want to support developers of accessible games as much as possible.

Another way to considder things might be as borrowing, since after all back in the days before I tried many downloadable games, it was quite common for my friends and I to swap games around to see what they were like even if we didn't necessarily buy a copy. Of course, sometimes we'd borrow a game from a friend, really like it and want! to buy a copy (such was the case with weaponlord for instance), but that was by no means certain.

On the experience point, One thing I have noticed is that the more complex the game in it's controls, interface and actions, the more difficult it is to understand until you have played it.

A basic sterrio targit style game is relatively easy to know what is going on from listening to a demonstration, since after all all you need to master in the game are quick reactions. But something which is designed more completely as a realistic game where the user needs to develope skilsl in order to play, ---- games like swamp, zero site, Lone wolf and of course rail racer are quite another matter.

It was more this aspect I was thinking of with raceway. Frankly I don't myself know (or indeed have that much interest in), the rules of either formula one or! nascar racing because as I said racing just isn't something that interests me. if I bought a racing title, would depend entirely on whether I found the games mechanics and mode of play actually to my liking, which is something I could not determine other than by trying it myself.

the same might be said for sports titles like Jim kitchin's golf or baseball. I have no actual interest in the activities of playing golf or baseball, and was therefore primarily interested in the games from the perspective of their challenge to the player, which is something I'd only understand by trying them.

Beware the grue!