  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Help Naming a Wrestling Game

  Hi Al,

  The game is essentially a turn based menu driven game much like
  Piledriver for Dos is. In case you don't know what I mean by that here
  is a basic idea of how it works.

  You have a menu of various types of moves such as Aerial, Brawling,
  Dirty, Grappling, Submission, Throws, and Finishers. Let's say for
  example you select Brawling. A new menu of options will appear such as
  Big Boot, Missile Dropkick, European Uppercut, Knee Lift, and so on.
  You select European Uppercut and your wrestler attempts to hit the
  computer opponent with an uppercut. If the move is successful the
  opponent will be stunned or knocked down to the mat. If it fails the
  computer opponent will be allowed to attempt to attack you with a move
  of its own. This will continue back and forth until a wrestler is
  pinned or submits.

  Now, there are two reasons why I didn't create a real time fighting
  game like Mortal Kombat as you suggest. First, is I don't have the
  money to purchase a library of sound effects for every potential
  wrestler, for every single move, and so on. Second, is there are so
  many different wrestling moves that it would be impossible to program
  keyboard commands for every single possibility. Even if I did so it
  would be difficult to remember each and every possible command. So I
  chose to keep the same game play as Piledriver, but added some sounds
  and music to it as well as Sapi support.

  HTH