Hi Tom.

since smugglers 5, the main releases we've had for pc have tended to be smaller games like Jim's and the BG ones, however there are some I wonder if you've played as yet, several of which have had new updates.

Firstly, kerkerkruip had a new version quite recently, just before christmas, if you don't know kerkerkruip, see the audiogames.net db, but it's a full on solo dungeon rpg written in glulx format, and is highly worth a try, especially for it's incredibly detailed combat.

Another game that has recently had an update is Kirt wolf shrine of the lynx. This is an audio adventure game, but one with full 3D graphics. it has animal protagonists similar to carsh bandicoot etc, and a cutesy spy atmosphere, but it is a ful game where you can walk in all 360 degrees, jump gaps, and do stealth missions. For more info see the db.

then, a brouser game I've been playing a lot recently is puppet nightmares. This is an anime style game, with probably the most complex rpg battles I've ever seen. It somewhat resembles pokemon in that you collect and train soul puppets, but it's story and ethos are set around a game played by children in a small german town taught by a mystical mage called the toy maker, and your quest to find your missing brother.

Pvp is entirely option, and the game even has a solo story. It lacks battle descriptions, but the characters, itesm etc have text, and the battles are very complex and reactive.

hth.

all the best,