I know the feeling, exactly.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] demos or not - Re: Looking For Something New to Play

Hi Charles,

Perhaps yes perhaps no. I haven't decided to buy the game or not, and
the main reason simply comes down to the state of my bank account. At
this time of the month my cash is getting low and I tend to watch what
I spend more than I would if my bank account was full.

In the case of this game 19 Euros isn't really a big deal, and I would
probably risk it if I had it to spend. If it were the end of the
month, there were no more bills going out, and I had say $300 for
spending cash I might risk a few bucks  on a game demo or no demo.
However, when my bank account is less than $150 and more than a week
left before my next check comes I'm not going to buy something unless
I am darn sure I will enjoy it.

So in summary I will pay a small fee for a game if there is no demo if
I have it to risk, but if I don't have it to just throw away I would
prefer a demo to see what I'm buying in advance. Of course, if I don't
have the cash to spend in either case then the game won't get
purchased demo or no demo. :D

Ah. A possible sale lost, at least for the time being, due to the lack of a

demo.