Today, Martin Knoblauch wrote forth saying...

>  no success on Solaris8, 64-bit, gcc-3.3.1. Two problems:
>
> a) the following libs are missing in order to link gmond
>
>  -lsendfile -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl

i caught that yesterday too when i found a solaris box to compile on.  i
made a new ganglia-apr tarball with the changes and put it out on
http://matt-massie.com/ganglia/

> b) the resulting binary coredumps when accessing it via telnet

is it possible you can backtrace the core to see where it's unhappy?

-matt

---
  "I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun
 in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada.
 So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."
       --George W. Bush, The Dallas Morning News, 1990