--- Matt Massie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> martin-
>
> you rock!  i've added the -Werror and -Wconversion flags and fixed up
> the length variable issue.  i'll make a new snapshot of ganglia-apr
> soon... your -Wconversion brought up a few more errors that i need to
> check out.  the gmond test code is based on the server example code
> in
> the apr distribution.

Matt,

 be a bit careful with "-Werror". You should *not* add it to the CFLAGS
 that are used for doing all the compilations during "configure". It
seems that at least under Solaris/gcc/-m64 some of the tests blow up
due to "-Werror", resulting in a different set of defines. Those then
blow up the make.

 Adding "-Werror" only to the CFLAGS for "make" seems to work OK.

> i would have responded quicker to your question but i was naive
> enough
> to try to upgrade my rh9 box to fedora using yum.  let's just say my
> email hasn't worked quite right for the last few days.  :)

 No problem. When I upgraded my notebook to SuSE9.1, I also had some
very "disconnected" moments :-)

Martin

=====
Martin Knoblauch