i just uploaded a new snapshot to http://matt-massie.com/ganglia/.

this snapshot adds... code for iso 8601 timestamps, strings tables
(using our new pool code), detection of clients that support on-the-fly
gzip compression, a small bug fix to pool.c and a richer xhtml output.

as far as the xhtml output, the header data reported details about body
in <meta> tags.  for example,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
   PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
<title>http://localhost.localdomain/load/one</title>
</head><body>
<var class="double">0.060000</var>

this valid xhtml provides meta information (like our old "authority" and
"source" tags).  you can see a timestamp for when the data was collected
(in iso 8601 format).

gangliad doesn't currently respond with a "Content-Encoding: gzip" for
clients with "Accept-Encoding: gzip" just yet.. but if you look in
./lib/gzio.c you'll see we have almost all the code that we need right
there.  won't be hard to add.

i ran a test of gangliad on cygwin for kicks over last night and
today... worked just as well as it did on linux.

i know that we still need to debug the interface problem in libmetrics
on freebsd.

has anyone tried 2.5.7???  feedback please.

-matt

p.s. just a friendly reminder that the presidential debates are on
tonight 9pm EST (in about an hour).  if you are near a computer but not
a tv you can visit http://www.cspan.org/ for streaming video.

--
PGP fingerprint 'A7C2 3C2F 8445 AD3C 135E F40B 242A 5984 ACBC 91D3'

   They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
      temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759