michael chang said on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 04:59:54PM -0400:
> Not to mention the patch seems to abandon everyone else who still has
> a /dev/xyz setup (includes some debian and ubuntu users).

Unless we really got the patch wrong, that's not true.  It still finds
devices in /dev, it just also finds devices that are prefixed with /dev2
in /proc/mounts.  This makes gmond work with the default Debian kernel
package; that's all.

> I dunno about the other guy, but I'm thinking about a command line
> option; so something like --pidfile <file> would cause the program to

That would work fine for our needs.  Would a patch with that
functionality be accepted?