On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Martin Knoblauch wrote:

>  in my opinion the disk metric stuff needs improvement. I personally
> would like to see a user supplied list of partitions to monitor.

That would definitely be nice.  Right now, I run a cron job that does just
that and I turn off all of Ganglia's metrics since they aren't as useful
as a per-partition metric.

>  But for 3.0.2 I am no going to touch this. The Debian "/dev2" hack may
> go in, because it is harmless.

I didn't expect you to :-)  Handling this properly can be tricky, and
could require quite a bit of work to the current metrics.  I just figured
this thread of discussion was a good time to bring it up.

>  In any case could you open a bugzilla entry, give a description of the
> problem and assign to yourself or me? Thanks

I will open a bugzilla entry and assign the problem to you.  Although, if
I find time to work on it, I will go ahead and submit a patch.

--Rick