>>> On 11/26/2007 at 5:23 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On 11/26/07, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure.  What was hiding it before?  I also noticed that heartbeat was
> showing up as a graph.  Both of these have to be coming through in the XML.
> The only thing that I can think of is that the SOURCE attribute in the XML
> changed for gmond rather than gmetric or anything else.
>
> Only info I have now is that the location used to be hidden but now
> it's being displayed (with 'unspecified' info).  Will drill down into
> this later.  BTW, gmond crashed again, I'll setup gdb to see if I can
> get a backtrace...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bernard

I found where it was hidden.  Gmond wasn't  storing a metric value for location
or heartbeat so an XML <METRIC> tag was never produced for these specific
metrics.  I should have it fixed quickly.  Also, I am going to renumber the XDR
message ids for the refactored XDR data.  This way the refactored messages will
not get confused by a stray older message.  The newer gmond will just ignore
any older messages.

Brad