>>> On 11/27/2007 at 1:05 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On 11/26/07, Bernard Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Only info I have now is that the location used to be hidden but now
>> it's being displayed (with 'unspecified' info).  Will drill down into
>> this later.  BTW, gmond crashed again, I'll setup gdb to see if I can
>> get a backtrace...
>
> Here's the backtrace:
>
>         metric 'multicpu_user0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_user0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_nice0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_nice0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_system0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_system0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_idle0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_idle0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_wio0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_wio0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_intr0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_intr0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>         metric 'multicpu_sintr0' being collected now
>         metric 'multicpu_sintr0' has value_threshold 1.000000
> xdr_string: out of memory
> xdr_string: out of memory
> Incorrect format for spoof argument. exiting.

I'm not sure yet what is causing this but I have patched the code to prevent it
from happening.  The current code was existing gmond if an invalid spoof
message was detected.  There is not reason why it needs to exit.  Just ignore
the message and keep running.  Pull the latest code and try it again.  I am
unable to duplicate the problem here.  I am going to try to put an older gmond
on the same multicast channel to make sure that the older and newer XDR
messages do not conflict.  That is the only thing that I can think of that
might be causing the problem.

> BTW, the "metric 'multicpu'" messages are tabulated -- is this intended?

Not sure what you mean here.

Brad