>>> On 11/27/2007 at 4:36 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On 11/27/07, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > BTW, shouldn't I see multicpu entries when I click on Gmetrics?
>> > Currently there is nothing.
>> >

>> No, you should see CPU utilization graphs for each cpu on the system.  By
> default the multicpu.conf file only enables cpu0.  If gmond is running on a
> multicpu box, you will need to enable the metrics for the additional CPUs.
> If you invoke gmond -m, you will seen the metric names for each additional
> CPU.  Just add the extra Metric{} blocks to the multicpu.conf file just like
> you would any other metric on the system.  The multidisk module works the
> same way.  Just enable the module, invoke gmond -m to discover the metric
> names for the individual disks and then enable the new metrics in the .conf
> file.
>
> I am not sure whether you understood what I meant -- multicpu is
> working, it's just not showing up in the Gmetrics list (I believe it
> used to be, prior to the XDR refactoring).
>
> Specifically, I am talking about the Gmetrics link in the hostview,
> the URL looks something like:
>
> http://server01/ganglia/host_gmetrics.php?c=Servers&h=server01
>
>> Not sure if that is a bug or not.  The output is just following the previous
> format for debug output.
>
> Okay.
>
> P.S. I did a diff of old gmond.conf and new gmond.conf, and here's
> what I came up with:
>
> +  send_metadata_interval = 0
> +include ('/etc/ganglia/conf.d/*.conf')
>
> Can you please update the manpages for gmond as well when you update the
> code?

Right.  There are no more gmetrics.  Everything is just a metric.  Gmond does
not differentiate between a builtin metric, a modular metric or a gmetric.
With the GROUP designation that is now part of the XML output, where and now
metrics show up on the web interface can now be a lot more meaningful.  But
this is one of the web frontend changes that needs to be made.  Besides the
user friendly titles being displayed, the web frontend needs to split up the
metrics by group.  One catch for now, most of the metrics don't have a GROUP
designation yet.  That will happen when the builtin metrics are ported to
modules.

I attempted to update the man pages but wasn't quit sure how.  I haven't dealt
with man pages much.

Brad