>>> On 11/27/2007 at 4:07 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On 11/27/07, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure yet what is causing this but I have patched the code to prevent
> it from happening.  The current code was existing gmond if an invalid spoof
> message was detected.  There is not reason why it needs to exit.  Just ignore
> the message and keep running.  Pull the latest code and try it again.  I am
> unable to duplicate the problem here.  I am going to try to put an older
> gmond on the same multicast channel to make sure that the older and newer XDR
> messages do not conflict.  That is the only thing that I can think of that
> might be causing the problem.
>
> Built the latest snapshot and it's working fine now (no more
> crashing).  I also confirm that the location field is hidden when
> nothing is specified.  (I still have old gmond in the multicast
> network, will update them shortly...)
>
> BTW, shouldn't I see multicpu entries when I click on Gmetrics?
> Currently there is nothing.

No, you should see CPU utilization graphs for each cpu on the system.  By
default the multicpu.conf file only enables cpu0.  If gmond is running on a
multicpu box, you will need to enable the metrics for the additional CPUs.  If
you invoke gmond -m, you will seen the metric names for each additional CPU.
Just add the extra Metric{} blocks to the multicpu.conf file just like you
would any other metric on the system.  The multidisk module works the same way.
 Just enable the module, invoke gmond -m to discover the metric names for the
individual disks and then enable the new metrics in the .conf file.

>> > BTW, the "metric 'multicpu'" messages are tabulated -- is this intended?
>> >
>> Not sure what you mean here.
>
>        metric 'multicpu_user0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_user0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_nice0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_nice0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_system0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_system0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_idle0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_idle0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_wio0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_wio0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_intr0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_intr0' has value_threshold 1.000000
>        metric 'multicpu_sintr0' being collected now
>        metric 'multicpu_sintr0' has value_threshold 1.000000
> xdr_string: out of memory
> xdr_string: out of memory
> Incorrect format for spoof argument. exiting.
>
> The lines containing "metric 'multicpu_...'" are tabbed in, when
> compared with lines like "xdr_string: out of memory".

Not sure if that is a bug or not.  The output is just following the previous
format for debug output.

Brad