Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:11:28AM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>> Carlo,
>>    Params is actually a valid configuration directive.  There are two ways
> to pass in parameters into a gmond module.  One way is to use a raw string
> with the Params directive (mod_python uses this for the module path string)
> and the other way is to use the Param name/value block for individual
> parameters.  The documentation needs to be reverted to show the Params
> directive.
>
> Params is a valid token for module, but it was used as a token for pymodule
> here (where it is apparently invalid) resulting in :
>
>   no such option 'params'
>   Parse error for '/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf'
>
> using libconfuse 2.5 as provided by the system and a modified example.pyconf
> to match the instructions which I thought where probably outdated.
>
> # head /etc/ganglia/conf.d/example.pyconf
> modules {
>   pymodule {
>     name = "example"
>     params = "Raw string parameter"
>     param RandomMax {
>         value = 600
>     }
>     param ConstantValue {
>         value = 112
>     }
>
> I agree it probably makes sense to be able to use 'params' in both cases but
> if that should be working now then we have a bug to fix before reverting the
> documentation.
>
> Carlo
>
> PS. the documentation for configuring python modules might make more sense
> in
> a README in python_modules IMHO, modules/python being a better place about
> "python_module" and its configuration.

I'll check this out.  It should be available for both C modules as well as
Python modules.  I think I just need to fix the libconfuse parser.

Yes, the python doc should be in the README rather than under the python module
directory.  It landed there because I didn't know where else to put it at the
time since the whole module stuff was very new at the time.  Now that we are
down the road a little ways and getting ready for a release, we should move
this doc.  I think I already updated the manpage doc so that should be good.

Brad