Since I haven't seen any issues show up in the STATUS file over the last
week, I am assuming that we are OK to finally branch trunk into a stable 3.1.x
branch.  Unless there are any last minute objections, I will go ahead and
create the branch tomorrow (tue. 4.15.08)(tax day in the U.S., I hope that
isn't a bad omen ;)

Brad