On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:21:35PM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    Since I haven't seen any issues show up in the STATUS file over the last
> week, I am assuming that we are OK to finally branch trunk into a stable
> 3.1.x branch.

agree, but a fix will need to be committed soon after and before a
snapshot for testing could be generated.

should the MMODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER_MAJOR be changed as a binary compatible API
interface for modules is defined for 3.1?

> > Issues that MUST be resolved before creating the stable
> > branch are issues that would cause incompatibilities between versions
> > within
> > the branch.

making the first snapshots of 3.1 be an "alpha" will help with more broad
testing, but also let fix any interfaces that are found to be problematic
once used in real world scenarios.

places to look at will be most likely :

* proprietary UNIX clusters
* heterogeneous clusters
* python modules
* clusters with different custom metrics per node
* integration/migration from older versions

Carlo