Hi Brad:

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  It's time to get Ganglia 3.1 out the door.  We created the Ganglia 3.1.x
> stable branch almost 2 months ago and have been working towards a release
> since then.  I think it is time that we actually create a Ganglia 3.1 release
> candidate which can be tested and ultimately determined to be our Ganglia 3.1
> official release.  The STATUS file has been cleared out of all backports and
> there are no show-stoppers that would prevent us from releasing 3.1.  Unless
> there is something that should be considered to be a show-stopper, I propose
> that we tag and roll Ganglia 3.1 RC1 immediately and start testing.  Once
> Ganglia 3.1 RC1 tarballs have been made available, then we allow a two week
> test period.  If no show-stoppers or major issues are found within the two
> week period, then at the end of the two week period we officially release
> Gangia 3.1.
>
> BTW, I am sending this proposal to the ganglia-developers@ list because I
> would like to get feedback from anyone in the dev community.  Just because
> you might not consider yourself an active Ganglia developer doesn't mean that
> you can't test the code and provide valuable feedback.  Ganglia is an Open
> Source and community developed project.  All feedback from community members
> is welcome.
>
> Comments?
>
> If there aren't any objections, then Bernard could you tag and roll a Ganglia
> 3.1 RC1 tarball?

I just have two minor web-frontend related fixes I would like to get
in before we do RC1, these are mostly cosmetic changes between 3.0.x
and 3.1.x graphs:

1) In cluster view host graphs, previously, title (top) is "FQDN
hostname" and subtitle (bottom) is "load_one last hour (now xxx)", now
the host graphs' title reads "FQDN hostname last hour" and the
subtitle reads "load_one (now xxx)".  The downside to this is you are
almost guaranteed that the title will run out of room.
2) In host view metric graphs, previously, title = "metric", subtitle
= "hostname last hour (now xxx)", now, title = "hostname metric last
hour", subtitle = "metric (now xxx)".  You get the same issue as 1) as
metric now uses the long description, eg. disk_free = "Disk Space
Available".

Cheers,