On Tuesday 17 June 2008 03:01:07 pm Brad Nicholes wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Brad:
> >
> > Oh, and we need to address the build issue on powerpc64 -- Jarod any
> > comments regarding how to best fix this?
> >
> > I guess hardcoding this in configure.in seems to solve the problem,
> > but it doesn't sound like it's the best solution.
>
> I don't have a problem in getting issues like this resolved as long as they
> don't delay the release.  These are the kinds of issues that if not fixed
> in this release, can easily be fixed in 3.1.2 or .3 or whatever releases.
> I don't really care if we release 3.1.1 in two weeks and then follow it
> with 3.1.2 a month later.  I just think it is important that we get 3.1
> officially released.

I'd agree that this one isn't a huge deal. Things end up where they're
supposed to, its just not done quite correctly yet. Haven't dug into what
needs fixing, but basically, if a libdir value is passed in, it shouldn't be
overridden. Its the correct default, just need to respect values people pass
in via configure.

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]