On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:32:49PM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > All seems to work except for --exec-prefix.  If I do ./configure
> > --exec-prefix=/var, it still hardcodes it to /usr/lib.
>
> This is because the code that Carlo added

I didn't add any code (except for some cleanup and small extensions to the
current logic), but did rearrange the buggy code that Bernard wrote to avoid
the 2 reported issues (and add the powerpc64 check as Jarod suggested)

the logic (I though I said clearly) needed to be fixed as it is unreliable :

* uses the wrong heuristic to detect the right architecture being built
* overrides prefix (/usr again) to use it to override libdir in a shameless way

> resets libdir to ${prefix}/lib<xx> if --libdir was not specified
> on linux rather than ${execprefix}/lib<xx> which would have been the
> default.  However, from what I have seen, ${prefix}/lib is really what
> we want on Linux.

Committed revision 1467 for part II which avoids this shameless overloading of
prefix.

Carlo