On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:24:13AM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> As you can see, we also build ppc32 userspace by default, ppc64 only when
> explicitly requested.

so you are using CFLAGS=-m64 to force a ppc64 built then?.  version 1468 of
configure.in in trunk uses a new test which should be effect on guessing
which libdir and should work even if --libdir wasn't used as it uses the
compile time ABI instead of the installed CPU type.

Carlo

PS. if you have access to s390x would be nice to run a build there to see if
we got lucky with that platform as well, and who knows maybe also with ia64
and mips64 eventhough I don't think there is biarch support from any
distribution for those too.