I reverted the workaround in hash.c and fixed process_xml.c to process the
EXTRA_ELEMENT tag correctly.  The problem was the fact that the EXTRA_ELEMENT
data should only be processing this tag if gmetad is in authority mode.  It was
missing a simple check for authority mode that the other tags included.
Everything should be good now with gmetad and once the backport has been
reviewed, we can included it in the next 3.1.1 release.

Brad