Am I missing something? I just downloaded the tarball tagged 3.3.4 from
github and attempted to build debian packages from it.

1. The debian changelog is not updated to reflect the version tag.
2. the build dependencies appear to be broken, as the build requires
libtools to be installed but that isn't called out in the control file.
3. the build fails when it attempts to descend into the web subdirectory
of the build tree.

I've been away from this project for a few weeks now and I was under the
impression for the traffic on this list that some of the version
tagging/workflow questions have been heavily discussed. However it seems
that the actual function of the source tree may have become slowly and
subtly broken at some point in the recent past (circa 3.2~)

At any rate I've not got a lot of time on my hands to fix this at the
moment, but figured I'd at least say something in case that might rouse
some interest in fixing it.

-Dave