I was amazed that Jimmy Johnson, in the face of Meyer's direct quote about
being the coach next season, said he expects Meyer to take a job in the UF
administration, probably in fund raising.
Does anyone actually listen?

From: "Gatornet Admin" <gator...@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:00:13
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com<gatortalk@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Thank you Meyer, Tebow and the rest of the seniors.

Not to beat you up anymore, but the media has a very good reason for continuing
to spread the "he's gone" rumor. It's good for biz.

Randy Lyons
Sent from my Sprint Palm Prē
Woody wrote:

(eyeroll)  Im not being a drama queen nor am I panicking.  I simply made an
observation.  I know as well as the rest of us that Meyer stocked the cupboard
and its up to whomever takes over to continue to build on what Spurrier and
Meyer started and take Florida even further to the next level.  THAT is what I
am worried about.. we already know next year is going to be a challenge after
probably losing a good bit of our starters to the next level and a considerably
more difficult schedule this coming fall.

IF he comes back.. fine Ill admit I was wrong... but what Meyer is going
through doesnt just go away that easily and its entirely possible it could get
worse because Meyer cant stop being Meyer.  My Dad was the same way.. aside
from other difficulties my Dad had to deal with my Dad basically ignored his
health for years just as Meyer did.. and look how he's paying for it now.   And
by the way... there are some here on this list..and alllllll across the Media
who say the same thing.  Does that make them anymore right than me?  No... but
that doesnt mean we are wrong either.  No one knows for sure but Meyer.. that
is true... but Meyer is going to find its not going to be as easy as he thinks
it is and he should think long and hard about his health because this is not
something he wants to take lightly.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Ken Kirkley &lt;k...@kirkley.net> wrote:

Drama queen alert!

Come on, he said he was looking forward to
being corch of the Gators.  Why do you think you know more than he does?

Just wait it out, we will all know in due
time.  I can guarantee that Coach Meyer will not leave this program in
shambles, he has built the PROGRAM to a point that if his health forces him
out, we will continue our stay at the top.

We have phenomenal talent returning next
year, even if all the likely juniors go, we will be a top ten team and win the
SECE.  Have Faith!