I'm just glad I am not a football player in this day and time.  Today things
are blown way out of proportion - compared to the way things flew under the
radar and were handled 30 years ago.

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steve McKibben
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 1:19 PM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] FW: [gatornews] [SUN]: UF wide receiver Chris
Rainey won't face prosecution

Without saying what the punishment "should be" (I will for $3M a year), my
guess is  that Rainey will be back on the team within a month.

--- Oliver Barry  wrote:

Well, I guess Meyer will get to earn his $3,000,000 now.  What does he do?
The "victim" stood up in court on his behalf.  The charges were lowered to
misdemeanor.  But, Rainey gets six months of probation and counseling.

I'd bet Meyer keeps him off the team for the rest of this year then lets him
back on for next season.  If, he does all the double secret probation stuff
Meyer thinks up for him to get back on the team.

I don't know about you all, but I feel sorry for Rainey.  Sure, it was
stupid, and he should be punished, but I don't think he should have to
sacrifice the whole season if he gets his act back together.

In light of all the arrest stories, I'd guess, as I said earlier, he won't
be back this year.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us