Hello Mr.Kanoji and others
After reading moderators views, I am steadily forming
the opinion that perhaps some persons who are nearly
100% gay are too rigid in not allowing the possibility
of others being attracted to both sexes.
It is well established (as I have read expert opinion
on this list itself ) that most humans lie on a
continuum of being attracted 100% to same sex or 100%
to opposite sex. A bisexual may be somewhere in the
middle.
Also, that this sexuality may change with time due to
the cummulative experiences and the response of the
human psyche to such experiences. The experiences can
be social, cultural, behavioural - for example a nasty
physical experience with a gay may temporarily lead
one away from the gay world, only to be drawn back to
same sex once the memory fades. Also, the response
will be very individual- as we are all so different -
and one must avoid taking any position to this
response or behaviour saying it is right or wrong. The
only wrong response would be that which physically or
mentally hurts another or his/her right to freedom and
privacy.
I think we need to be more liberal and try to
understand all the small and large differences within
the LGBT community rather than postulate what is right
and wrong, subject to hurt/freedom/privacy as
explained above.
Individual decisions about marraige, when to come out
if at all, etc must therefore not be judged against
any norms, for there are none in the LGBT community.
Only the basic human norms of safeguarding
freedom/privacy and avoidance of hurt would, in my
opinion, apply.
So guys, counsel, guide, caution but do not think
there is only one right path.
In the larger sense, if humans knew the "right" path
to happiness and had the ability follow it, there
would be no sorrow on earth!
Cheers

http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html