Dear All,

I want to share my coming out experience with everyone.

I came out to my close friends in the final year of my PG, that is 3
years ago. They and their spouses have accepted me and my partner
whole heartedly and we often spend our weekends together.

I came out to my brother last year and that has not changed anything
between us.

Last week I came out to my parents. I had decided that I will not come
out to them; I always saw my orthodox brahmin parents as very
conservative and unable to understand my sexual orientation. Their
pressure for marriage was getting on my nerves and I finally wrote to
them everything about me in a letter. I even mentioned my boyfriend of
three years.

As expected they couldn't control their tears. My dad, who is the
perfect example of stoic calm, also broke down. The reason my parents
were crying was not because their son is a homosexual but because they
were sorry for putting me through hell. My dad kept saying "I cant
imagine the agony he must have gone through and his mental state at
the time of writing this letter". I have to say, i was totally taken
by surprise. I have just returned from my home town after spending a
few days with them. They kept telling me that they are with me and I
should not let anything bring me down.

Their whole hearted acceptance is proof that their love for me as
parents is above anything else. I request all of you out there who are
contemplating coming out or are afraid of coming out to kindly be
truthful to your parents - it has brought me even closer to them.

All the best,

--- In gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, robert hannon-burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> dear  rohan,i too am catholic.i have thought the apparent dilemma
through. and so i am proud to be GAY and CATHOLIC. written on good
friday!  love rob

> Mountain Goat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Best Of Luck Honey!!! :)
Please Keep us informed.
> Regards,
> MtnG.
>
> rom: rohan r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: g_b Coming out to my parents
> Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 02:31:14 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
>
> I am overwhelmed by the responses I received. The number of people
who wrote to me and the support and encouragement they have provided
has left me speechless.

> So much love! So much care, concern and support. From people who do
not know me from Adam. I am so glad I am gay.

> And I am so lucky to belong to such a group of wonderful people!
>
> As I leave for Kerala tomrrow, I am more confident than ever, my
resolve to do this stronger than ever. If I make it alive through the
experience, I will let you guys know how it went.

> Thank you so much guys.
>
> Love you all.
>
> God bless!
>
> Hugs, r
>
> --- rohan r <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to come out to my parents next week. Going home for
Easter. Guess Jesus is not the only one who is going to be crucified
and coming out. Though mine will be in reverse order.

> I come from a religious Mallu Catholic family. Anybody who knows how
we function can understand me freaking out. There is hundres of
butterflies in my stomach playing with a big ball of lead they got
from somewhere.

> The biggest problem is going to be communicating to them. I have
lived outside home (hostels n others) all my life. So the language at
home is a mixture of Malayalam, English and Hindi. So you see, I dont
even know whether they wud understand it, if I were to say I am gay.
So I will have to go into more details, which is making me a lil
squeamish.

> I am expecting a lot of 'Against God & Bible' and then some
'Society' and 'Nature' talk. I will get the hospital emergency numbers
with me before I sit down with them, in case either of them decides to
go coronary on me. (Was that bad humor?)

> Anyways, will let you guys know how it went.
>
> If any of you have gone thru the same experience, tips, Dos & Donts,
and suggestions welcome!

> Thanks! r
>

> Group Site:
>
> http://www.gaybombay.info
> ==========================
> This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to
messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and
sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author
of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the
author's email address.

> Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
> Subscribe:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are
removed in the digest mode. You get one or two  digest mails  per day
containing all emails, minus pictures/attachments)

http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html

> Classifieds for personal advertisements are back on www.gaybombay.info
> site. Please exercise restraint in the language of your personal
> advertisement.
> To post mates/freinds wanted log on to
> http://pub35.bravenet.com/classified/show.php?usernum=2998156902

>         Love and romance   Romance relationship   Bombay india     Gay

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

http://au.messenger.yahoo.com