Ralf Corsepius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

| Well, I admit I had been sarcastic/fatalistic in replying to Steven,
| primarily, because I am pretty much frustrated about GCC's mainstream
| developer's position/attitude on embedded targets.
| Steven's answers perfectly queue-in into a long history of incidents
| which had lead me to my understanding of "GCC mainstream developers'
| attitude" on "embedded targets", which I already had described in former
| postings.

then, you must have a very selective definition of "GCC mainstream
developers" :-)
A key strenght of GCC is its supports for embedded targets -- as
imperfect and frustrating it might be sometimes.  My own definition of
"GCC mainstream developers" do not indicate to me that they are
hostile to the "embedded targets"; quite the contrary.
I also understand your mileage varies.

-- Gaby