Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Actually, I don't agree with either of the statements ascribed to me,
> and if I conveyed that sentiment, I apologize.

And I apologize for perhaps reading more into your statements than was
intended.

> My point was simply that once you have the tests
> and bug reports, someone has to fix the bugs before the users see benefit.

I wish I could do more, which is why I made (what I hoped were)
constructive suggestions for trying to get more people involved in
fixing bugs.

True, there are many lazy people who don't want to learn anything. I'm
more interested in attracting the people who, like myself, simply need
help getting around the more obscure corners of GCC. I still think that
Gentoo-style mentoring could be successful.

> Once I get my automated GCC bug-fixing bot finished I am going to have
> an easy life.  Unfortunately, I use GCC to build the bot, and I'm
> getting an ICE in reload...

Such software would make you rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

..Scott